Kris & Dave with Amanda (grandbaby #8)

Kris & Dave with Amanda (grandbaby #8)

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Wikis

I stuck my toe into the waters of wikis. I opened an account, but don't know what to do with it yet. I did edit a page about presidents of the U.S, adding a link to a good website for information. I also looked around at what's out there, and what other classroom communities are using it for. I found a great wiki for learning French; the teacher incorporated some really good ideas and keeps her wiki very active. I also found a cute interactive story developed by a class in Scotland. The story took you into a cave and depending on your decision in certain situations, told you if you died or lived to make another decision. I died right off the bat, but then went in and replayed. I can tell which sex came up with each scenario--some were pretty violent, and then others were about chocolate! A very fun idea for a classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment